Pivot & Slide Door System Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a bespoke kitchen door cut and ready to go onto the cabinet for my tumble dryer. It has to be pivot/slide as it needs to be open when the machine is in use for air cycling, and I don't want a big door just sitting open.

I've researched in huge depth, but can't quite grasp enough detail from the specifications or diagrams given to work out which precise components to buy. I've narrowed it down to either Accuride or Hafele brands, which seem to have what I need, but I really need help to pick and mix the slider, runners and hinges that will work.

The door is full OVERLAY, so sits over the face of the cabinet frame, and is 700w x 950h x 18d. I have around 60mm clearance for the door to slide in along side the dryer, which seems enough.

Do any of you gurus have enough experience to tell me which bits to order for my door size? I've emailed the retailers but not really had much by way of helpful response. It's really getting stressful!

Thanks a lot in advance.

Andy

Sponsored Links
So I take it you have higher than normal worktops and the door goes from U/S of worktop to floor.

Provided there is no carcase above the machine opening then a "Pocket" or "Flipper" door gear will do the job but they only are made for doors upto 600 wide so you will end up with an extra 100mm of door poking straight out. They need about 45mm depth to work in so teh space down teh side of your appliance will be OK

http://www.woodfit.com/pdf/PocketFlipperDoor.pdf

J

Thank Jason, have seen quite a few of these but can't work out what I need to supplement for a full overlay door. I've found one that specifies a maximum 11mm overlay, but as the door is an 18mm it's no good.

The cupboard is a raised one (above a washer) that I've had built bespoke. The carpenter just announced near end of works that he thought I was buying all the hinges for this particular cupboard and was therefor utterly useless.

Andy

Andy let me know how much of the carcase is exposed on both sides and also if any of the support shelf at the bottom and the top carcase. For these type of hinges to work you can only have the door overlaying teh carcase at the sides.

Post a picture and/or sketch if possible

J

Sponsored Links
The shelves top and bottom are clear of the door. The left and right sides of the cabinet are flush with the door when closed, i.e., the edges of the door each side are flush with the cabinet edges.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back