Planning a shower layout - will it work???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Our home is a small bungalow in Northern Ireland (I work overseas) and I plan to do up the bathroom when I return at Christmas. Due to the previous occupant (old, very old!), the only shower is in a seperate room next to the bathroom which unfortunately is in turn attached to our inquisitive 3yo daughter's bedroom.

So the plan is to knock it through, seal up the side in her room, ditch the ghastly pink tiles and shower tray, and get something more modern and fresh in there.

It's an old bungalow (1960s, privately built) and nearly all of the pipes in the house run under the floorboards, including the hot water from the aging boiler (I'll get round to replacing that sooner or later).
Ideally, I want an electric power shower but with the style of a mixer and without the hideous white plastic lump taking up wall space. This leads me to thinking of a layout to get the best of both worlds, but I'm not 100% sure it would work:

1.) twin feed from the cold water tank in the loft to a dual impeller pump (not sure what rating I would need - hoping for a large ceiling mounted rainfall shower head).
2.) from the pump, one cold feed to a 12kW in-line electric heater
3.) both pipes feeding a remote mixer in the roof-space (currently looking at the digital Mira Platinum or Creda's Digimix) and on to the shower head.

It all seems to work ok in my head, but if anyone can offer opinions or solutions I'd be grateful :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back