Planning Permission - Almost Decided

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rightio, I have an application that has been recommended for approval by the case officer, there is still a week until the decision deadline. My client now wants to reduce the size of the relatively straightforward side extension. What is the best way to do this? I thought about asking the officer if i submit amended plan today/ tomorrow will she need to re-consult or will it be dealt with 'in-house'. Or should i (as the clietn wants - i have advised not this route) let the approval come in and then either minor non-material amend the approval (£70 and 3 weeks? - please correct me if i am wrong) OR he (my client) suggested that he builds to the size he wants and applies for retrospective if anyone notices!!!

I don't want to delay or cost him anymore money but fear the decision could be delayed if i now submit amendments - has anyone any advice on this?

Sponsored Links
Reduce by how much? If it's not a significant amount and doesn't change the overall aesthetic I'd just build it. Unlikely a small reduction would make a difference.

As above.

Or give the case officer a call and ask "If my client decides to reduce the extension by x", what would we need to do?" If they say a new application would be required unless the changes can be addressed and submitted now, then that will form part of the approval, then get it in quick.

If in doubt, ask.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back