PLANNING PERMISSION,ANNEXE

Yep, as Hotrod says, your extension was an extension to one dwelling, not a conversion to a two dwelling building.
As said, you need a Certificate of Lawfulness to avoid further enforcement action from the LA.
A telephone call or personal consultation to/with the planning officer may give you some indication as to the probablity of success. Otherwise you need to revert back to your PP remit, i.e. one dwelling, with two kitchens.

But bear in mind, you're already on the wrong side, so any compromise ought to be welcomed by you.

Sponsored Links
i will seperate it if necessary but should i get the permission as altering nothing outside,

i will seperate it if necessary

The PP was for one dwelling, that's what it must be! Or apply for a different PP. The LA can enforce their requirement at your cost.

but should i get the permission as altering nothing outside

This is only a small part of the planners considerations.
What about amount of development, parking, size of dwelling, bathrooms/toilets, services, access, noise, safety, etc.

I'm beginning to suspect a bit of belligerence or naivety on your part. If the LA suspect the same they won't take kindly to your approach.

belligerence
that word makes me laugh......
but yes maybe as we always find that most dc officers arnt helpfull we did a pre app and they cover there back so much its unreal,
this was a farm and i live in the barn the holiday let was an old horse block built in 1745 of traditional stone
thankyou for your help

Sponsored Links
So despite your pre-app, and your succesful PP for one dwelling, you went ahead and made it two dwellings?

You can lead a horse to water, etc, seems an appropriate comment on this occasion.

yes we 1st applied for holiday let in 2002 ish,then an extension to a let in 2009,
i except its 1 dwelling but would just like it to accomadate 2 familys during summer i dont want it to become 2 it wouldnt be feesable rates etc,
thanks mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back