Planning Permission - change of roof design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all we had planning permission passed for our extension which involved a mono pitch lean to type roof across the back of the property meeting an apex roof that comes out the side of the property to a gable wall.

After much conversation with the builder and roofer we've come to the conclusion we can't get both roofs to meet in a fashion that I agree will look ok, so we've decided the rear part of the extension will now have a flat roof instead of the mono pitch, I'm guessing as it's a fairly substantial change we should inform the planning department and resubmit drawings and go through the whole planning process again?

What happens if we don't and just put the flat roof on, I can't see many issues really as it's all contained within my garden and will be lower than the original roof design agreed, I don't mind the paperwork but haven't got 3 months to wait around on the job for the council.

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back