Planning refusal for under development of site does this happen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I currently own a site in Gloucestershire which has room for roughly 5 houses on it. I want to build each house in my own time myself and I already have planning permission for one house at the rear of mine and have purchased the house next door and want to put one behind that too just for now. My question is can the council refuse my application because they would see that my 0.7 acre site was too big for just building one house at a time in my own time? Would they want to see more of a development going on, on a larger scale. Any help much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Why not put the plans in for all the houses with the necessary road way accesses/hard standing etc and then gain agreement to phase the build 1 house a a time.

It can be refused if this is a commercial venture and not in accordance with the local plan in terms of site density

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back