Permitted development dormer

If you are certain your proposal complies with PD, just apply for a certificate of lawfulness. What volumes do you have?

Sponsored Links
Looks horrendous. Like a regular terrace street scene, but one of the houses has a tumour, or several tumours. That said, at least the materials used are not offensive (apart from the dormer).

Double check everything, tick all the boxes and Apply for the CoL. If it complies they can't refuse it.

Sponsored Links
49 cubic metres for the dormer AND the hip to gable? It is quite a tricky calculation and from the photos it looks tight.

Also I have to confess I don't know if an end of terrace is treated as a terraced house or a semi-detached. Hopefully someone cleverer can confirm.

Otherwise, assuming the rear outrigger is original and not an extension and you can prove it then apply for the certificate of lawful development.

Also I have to confess I don't know if an end of terrace is treated as a terraced house or a semi-detached. Hopefully someone cleverer can confirm.
I make no claims on mental capacity, but it's a terrace and therefore 40m3 additional space.

Such dormers would be a permitted development - a Certificate of Lawful Development.
However, yours is already built, so you can apply for a Certificate of Lawful Development (retrospective), however before doing that make sure it complies. If it does not, and make the CLD application, and planning visit they will refuse it.
If there is any chance that it does not comply I suggest you cross your fingers and wait until the four years is pass and apply then.
If its 49m3 then it does not comply, do you have a 200mm setback from the eaves?, Do you have the evidence to verify the application?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back