Planning refused for double garage at front of house

Funny you say about the position of the lamp post, up until a couple of months ago it was at the end of the driveway where the bricks end!
I requested they move it and it turns out it wasn't in the correct position in the first place (it is now).

I don't think the neighbours would have been too happy with it facing out into the road.
Planning had already said they may support a single sized garage however its still going to have a wall facing the street so would look the same whether it was single or double.

If I do go real brick then it will be single skinned, my brother is a ground works builder and owes me a favour, so the most expensive part of getting out the ground will be relatively cheap.

Calculating brick count I'm looking at less than £2k for those, tiles will be another £1k. £1k for the door(s) then its just timber and man time. My brother will bring round some guys who are brickies and I have a chippy who has a day rate of £150 a day for the roof supports. All in it should be all done for well under £15k (fingers crossed!).

MT

Sponsored Links
By the way here's a pic of my neighbours garage over the back of me, you can see the back of my house in the distance.

View media item 72788
Taking up at least 50% of the front of his garden. My plot size is 270Sqm, the proposed garage is 28Sqm.

MT

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bring this back to the top, but just as an update I was given planning permission today!
Makes a big difference when the people making the decisions actually meet face to face and things are explained.

Just got to get the drainage plan sorted and its all systems go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back