Planning still live ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am interested in purchasing a building Plot in Pembrokeshire and would be grateful for advice on the following.

Outline planning consent was given in 2001 for 4 no. building plots. Three plots have been developed leaving the one that I am interested in, My question is because three have been developed does this mean that planning is still live on this remaining one ?.

Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Doubt it, you need to check planning history with the Council in particular reserved matters/implementation etc on the 4th plot. Might be an outside chance permission is still alive.

Blup

Yes if part of a single permission and no conditions to the contrary. No if individual permissions.

You need to check the decision notice for the property.

Simple things like discharging a pre-commencement condition are enough to trigger implementation of the planning permission and making it extant.

Sponsored Links
discharging a pre-commencement condition [is] enough to trigger implementation of the planning permission and making it extant.
It would be useful to provide a source for that assertion.

I would rather suggest that the inverse is true, by which I mean that a 'material' start would not be considered valid UNLESS pre-commencement conditions had first been discharged. It does not follow from this that a material start occurs automatically following the discharge of the last condition.

Instead, development begins on the date when a material operation is carried out, e.g. demolition, construction work (including works to construct a driveway to a house), or digging a trench for foundations (even allowing for documenting and backfilling of said trench).

It's not clear whether the works to form the neighbouring properties serve as a material start for this property.

For a fuller explanation, see for instance https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=6c0ad578-fff1-4d17-9120-ed1eb7263f39

Last edited:
popcorn.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back