plasitc conduit in a concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
got an extension built with conctrte subfloor installed already and some walls chased out for first fix .
eventually pouring a concrete floor over insulation and underfloor heating pipes.
question is from say a double socket to the next one in the ring main should I loop down into the floor in conduit to the next socket and so on round thr room or what is the code ??

ta in advance

Sponsored Links
Convention is to run cables in the ceiling void, and run vertically down the wall.

If you have a ceiling void.

Thanks for the replies folks much appreciated.
I have no void as the ceiling is vaulted so I will start the ring with a chase and drop from the original bungalow which has a roof space then go horizontally round the room terminating back at the chase. I have a 100 mm block wall and can go 1/6th into it horizontally which will be plenty.
I was going to put a double every couple of metres as they are cheap and easy at this stage compared to when its all finish plastered :))

Lights in the vaulted ceiling wiring will all go up to the small void in the peak as will the 12 metre run of cooker cable to the opposite end then drop down its own chase at the back wall to the ovens (its a 12 metre by 5 extension with kitchen at the far end)

anyone have experience of lights in the ceiling and the effect of drilling into the solid insulation. thinking potential for condensation leaking through onto the cold roof ?? Also wondering about thermal bridging at downlighting.
thanks in advance

Iain

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back