Plaster? between ceiling and upstairs floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently lifted a section of flooring (chip board) in an upstairs bed room and notice that between the floor of the bedroom and the ceiling of the living room is not plastered (bare concrete blocks are exposed). Is this standard procedure?

I was wondering if it is possible to plastered below the bedroom floor would it reduce the noise from next door (semi detached house).

Lastly is there any one product that would let me do this myself easily

Sponsored Links
That's the way houses are made. they are built and then plastered room by room.

No it won't make your house quieter. In a semi you are stuck with noisey neighbours.

Are you saying it will make no difference or very little difference. The noise isn't very significant, low level tv noise door closing and people going up and down stairs. I just though if plastering this gap would reduce it or cut it out it would be worth doing when i'm lifting the floor anyway.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to say, simply plastering the area in question will not make a noticable difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back