plaster board 1cm from existing plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
richard c, thanks 4 this quote

'I assume you’ve left the PB level with the surrounding wall? Make sure he reinforces the joints thoroughly before skimming.'

it is about 1 cm from the existing plaster board, the plaster says 'dont worry i will apply bonding to that , before plastering'

What do u mean richard c, what should he reinforce?

Sponsored Links
it is about 1 cm from the existing plaster board, the plaster says 'dont worry i will apply bonding to that , before plastering'
Given him a bit more work but that’s fine.

What do u mean richard c, what should he reinforce?
After leveling out to the surrounding wall with Bonding, he should apply reinforcing tape around the “join” to help prevent the refinished wall cracking where the opening was. This can sometimes be a problem when blocking up doors with plasterboard if the original wall is blocks; they will expand & contract at different rates & cracks can appear around the original opening where the new plaster meets the old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back