plaster cracking

Sponsored Links
All sorts of reasons but usually poor preparation or incorrect application. Who did it & how, more detail needed?

A mate did it for me and to be honest he's not a plasterer.
As far as I know he never prepared the walls just skimmed straight over the old plaster. Could this be the problem like?

As far as I know he never prepared the walls just skimmed straight over the old plaster. Could this be the problem like?
he never prepared the walls? its most probably dried out to quickly, also you will most probably find its not properly adhered to the walls, do the cracks look like a dried up river bed? if it was my walls i would take the lot off and redo it only this time pva the walls first

Sponsored Links

Rub the back of your hand/fingernails, gently over the plaster. You'll hear if it sounds hollow underneath.
As Rich said, probably bad preparation, and an overall lack of knowledge, by the person who did the job.

yea it does sound pretty hollow but can't afford to start again.
Need passage walls plastering but i won't be asking the same guy.
Cheers fellas

The new plaster's not bonded to the wall, and has blown. It wont get any better, and the only way is to take it off when you're ready, and get it done again properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back