Plaster has popped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I've had some tiles fitted and I've noticed that the corner of the wall has popped out. how can I fix it.

Thanks in advance.
20161213_213130.jpg

Sponsored Links
I am not in the trade, but....

That looks really small so maybe just pick the flakes and use easifill?

I had some blown plaster that was still on the wall and I used a drill to whack a few holes in the area and injected pva into the gap before using a wooden plate and long timber to press the original plaster to the backing. It worked. So far.

carefully chip it out and fill with filler and sand back

Hi Scott,

what room is that in please? Kitchen or Bathroom?

When you say the corner of the wall do you mean the silver bead running vertically or do you mean the flat window reveal?

I can't quite make it out from the photo but is that reveal plasterboard or a solid wall?

Sponsored Links
Hi Scott,

what room is that in please? Kitchen or Bathroom?

When you say the corner of the wall do you mean the silver bead running vertically or do you mean the flat window reveal?

I can't quite make it out from the photo but is that reveal plasterboard or a solid wall?

Hi there, it's the kitchen and it's a plasterboard wall. I sanded it back and filled it with this stuff called devil filler or something. Looks loads better now it's been painted.

Thanks for the help everyone!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back