plaster nest to tile

ok, took down studs, taken up p5 and cut ply ready for laying. what a **** ball ache..
It’ll be worth it, trust me. I assume you’ve bought WBP & not standard ply; what thickness did your use?

what primer do i use on back and edges?
Use an SBR/acrylic primer.

do i do anything to the tile surface?
Generally no. BAL which I use doesn’t recommend it but follow your chosen adhesive manufacturer’s instructions. Flexible powder adhesive only on floors & only use quality trade products.

what adhesive grout do you recommend for porceline? its a beige tile and not sure what colour grout to go for
As before I use BAL, either Rapidset - pot life 45 minutes, grout after 3 hours or if you’re uncomfortable with a short pot life, Single Part Flexible - pot life 5 hours, grout after 16 hours. Check your tiles, some unglazed or polished porcelain tiles require sealing before laying & sometimes again before grouting in order to reduce risk of staining; some tiles come pre-sealed. If they do require sealing, use white adhesive rather than grey on beige tiles.

Grout colour is personal preference but grey goes with practically anything or you can use a darker contrasting colour. Avoid white/light colours on floors, they can start to look grubby fairly quickly. I’d use Microflex but colours are limited. If you want wider choice of colour, Mapei Ultracolour Plus will do you. Mapei adhesive is also good but get the proper trade stuff, not the one sold in B&Q.

Sponsored Links
ok, took down studs, taken up p5 and cut ply ready for laying. what a **** ball ache..

It's a bathroom - not a swimming pool. No-more-ply would have been fine.
Richard is a banned poster - don't take him seriously.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back