Plaster type and repairs

HLM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what type of plaster is on this wall, how I should patch this up and with what products, as you can see from the wall behind most of the property is lath and lime plaster but this wall seems different so I’m not sure if I need to use a lime based product? I removed all of the loose plaster and now have this huge hole the rest of the plaster around this is solid and has no gap between the brick work so don’t want to remove it all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• 569E8AFF-9192-431F-AC7F-68FB4689EF32.jpeg
    569E8AFF-9192-431F-AC7F-68FB4689EF32.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 88
Sponsored Links
depends what sort of finish you’ll be happy with. theres several options. i’d fill it out with cement or bonding coat , prepare and skim the whole wall .

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d like it as flat/smooth as possible but I want to do what’s best for the wall. Is there any products that you would recommend please?

Square off the patch from the door head archietrave to the cove and vertical edges at the sides.
Two courses above the door head is that timber?
Clean off remaining old plaster and take up suction with water or Pva.
Pull it out with whatever powder or render materials you have on hand and skim with ordinary gypsum finish. the rest of the wall surface looks good.
reading the related threads below would help you.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your reply, yeah there is a short beam of timer in there, it doesn’t seem to go anywhere just ends and the brick resumes. Thank you for your help.

use Pva and mesh on the timber or it will suck up your powder mix moisture. Dont try and remove the timber its harmless on an inner wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back