Plaster types

rlx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been using multifinish to skim over previous plaster (over previous skim or browning) but recently had a chat with a builder who said he uses board finish on everything.

Which is the better plaster for skimming over old plaster ...

Again thanks for any help ...

Sponsored Links
I have been using multifinish to skim over previous plaster (over previous skim or browning) but recently had a chat with a builder who said he uses board finish on everything.

Which is the better plaster for skimming over old plaster ...

Again thanks for any help ...

well board finish was one of the only types of finish available years ago.mulit finish is relativley new,most plasterers use the multi,as it is good over traditional and boarded backgrounds .

both will give you the same finish,although i used to feel board finish looked better to me.

to be honest i think most spreads get into a habit of using a certain one,either that or they like the colour green.

Board finish is most suited to Boards or backgrounds tending towards lower suction; it will go off on you quicker on an untreated base & on some finished backgrounds as they may have higher suction depending on what’s on them.

IMO Multi is more suitable as a plaster for all backgrounds including boards & it will give you a little more time which can be very helpful if you’re inexperienced; it’s all I use regardless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back