Plasterboard and Towel Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Not to sure if this is the right section, but here goes. I want to install a towel radiator on Plasterboard. the dimension of the radiator is 1800mm by 600mm. The question is will this be fine to put onto plasterboard with plasterboard fixings. as there is nothing behind the plasterboard to fix to.

Many thanks

Glyn

Sponsored Links
I've fitted several onto plasterboard with no problems, however if you can fix into timber studwork you'll find it easier.

thats my concern, worst case if I have no timber stud will it be o.k. to still hang the radiator.?

P.S. thanks for the quick response

Yes, as I said, I've fitted lots directly onto plasterboard with no problems, just make sure you use a decent metal plasterboard anchor.

Sponsored Links
the plasterboard along with toggle or hollow void fixings, will tolerate the weight, but will not stand a lot of jiggery pokery.

if the rad needs removing and replacing many times then you will have problems.

also, if you have children, then you may want to think about something more robust.

I guess you have not decorated yet, I would take a piece of plasterboard off and put some bearers in and then replace the plasterboard.

Not such a good idea if you have decorated.

yet again thanks for all the replies, all very helpful. Just to add some more info to this.

The room is already decorated, so don't want to cut into plasterboard I'm just a DIY newbie. However I have checked out the depth of the plasterboard and it's 15mm thick. The Towel radiator has 4 brackets to support the radiator. I was thinking adding an additional 2 brackets to help support the weight using a cobination of Redidrive fixings and Butterfly fixing on the unit. the total weight of the unit including water is 23kg

What do you think?

Thanks

Glyn

23 kg's is a doddle.

provided a 4yr old is not trying to use it as a climbing frame, that is. :LOL:

Sorry for the late reply, just wanted to say thanks for all the help, going to give it a bash.

Cheers

Glyn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back