Plasterboard for a shower??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I'm building myself an en-suite and just need a bit of advice on how to finish the area behind the shower. I was planning to have standard 12.5 plaster board, plastered and then tiled. Is this OK as I have been told by a friend I should user waterproof boards instead of plasterboard.

Any advice and help will be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have just tiled my shower and I used tile backer moisture resistant boards 12mm 800x1200 you just tile straight on them £8 plus vat.

Sponsored Links
Hi All

I'm building myself an en-suite and just need a bit of advice on how to finish the area behind the shower. I was planning to have standard 12.5 plaster board, plastered and then tiled. Is this OK as I have been told by a friend I should user waterproof boards instead of plasterboard.
Have a look at shower wall panels instead of tiles, easy to keep to clean and no moulds etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back