Plasterboard or something else on shower stud wall ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm about to board out a shower-room, some of which will be within a shower cubicle.....

Question is what should I use ? 12.5mm plasterboard was than plan (with waterproof adhesive/grout) or is there a better alternative ? I guess plasterboard and water don't mix too well ?

Is that concrete type boarding worth the extra expense/hassle of fitting it ?

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
You should always use Moisture Resistant plasterboard in a bathroom. If you use this in a wet area you should tank it or use a waterproof tile backer board which is better IMO With either make sure you use a quality trade waterproof flexible adhesive & grout; don’t use cheap DIY shed stuff.

I would line the walls in the shower area in the normal way, then tank with either Kerdi or Homelux membrane.

If you do go ahead with a tile backer board then the only two that are waterproof are Wedi or Marmox, Hardibacker and Aquapanel are not.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back