Plasterboard on concrete blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

A few years ago, I had a garden shed built, made of concrete blocks and brick (only in the front). There is a damp-proof lining near the bottom.

There are 3 air bricks.

This building is single layer all around and I've not plasterboarded the inside; it's all bare.

I have found over the years, that it gets a bit damp at times - some metal items show signs of rust. Last year I coated its exterior with a moisture repellent and it's less damp now.

My question is: Is it possible to fit moisture-proof plasterboard directly onto these concrete blocks (and brick wall) using dot and dab?

I'm not concerned about insulating it as it's only used for storage and training on weights / punchbag.

Any recommendations will be welcome.

Thanks.

Dave.
:D

Sponsored Links
Your best option will be to prevent the moisture ingress first.
It could be possible to install a damp proof membrane over the wall, then install a independant stud wall, that is built up slightly away from the existing wall. this can then be boarded to. But it could be worth insulating and remember to leave access to the air vent/bricks.
You will lose some space about, 50mm per wall though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back