plasterboard outside bead techniques with dot and dab?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have done a fair amount of amateur plastering and my usual way of putting up plasterboard is with battons but fancy having a go at 'dot + dab' If i go down this route though is it possible to do an outside 90 deg corner with a metal bead? Usually i'd have a wooden batton to screw into. Also how good or bad is gun foam for fixing sheets of plasterboard?
cheers

Sponsored Links
Fixing external angle beads (or any other bead) is no different. Everyone has their preffered methods; I use a decent grab adhesive & a staple gun. I only ever use conventional drywall adhesive for D&D. Others swear by Everbuild Pinkgrip & it’s probably fine on very flat walls but it’s quiet expensive when compared to a bag of Drywall addy & I just don’t believe you can fix as many boards as they say & still get a good bond, especially on uneven walls. It’s important you provide full support all around the board edges & around electrical back boxes. Here is a link to D&D guide, see page 268;

http://www.british-gypsum.com/pdf/WB09_DriLyner_06.pdf
& only ever use 12.mm boards despite what it says in there.

If you’re tiling the boards, don’t just rely on the D&D adhesive, use additional mechanical fixings through some dabs into the wall. Some tiles are very heavy & the whole lot could end up on the floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back