Plasterboard problem

Sponsored Links
Tazzy42, good evening.

[[Observation]] --- Some of the cuts in the timber are not in "full contact" with one another.

[[Observation]] --- The two diagonal large beams appear somewhat out of place?? and "appear" to have been over sized relative to the upper horizontal cross member?? I wonder if the above was a CAD error or? was this an Engineering requirement??

[[Observation]]-- The frame shown ? is it a fan light? or window with trickle vent? or a door??

Is it possible to cut the Two Diagonal large beams [ as 2./ above] some sort of raking cut to reduce the thickness of these beams, which are bearing on fresh air anyway ?

As for the present plasterboard being taken right up to the edge of the timber, fixing a 50.mm2 packer to these beams will provide a support for the missing area of plasterboard.

Sponsored Links
Looking at the picture there's a door and obviously the cut out is to accommodate that. Looking at how I would approach it, I reckon it would take me three or four attempts resulting in a shedload of scrap plasterboard. But, that timber work is a very complicated solution to a very simple problem.

Use a multi too to shave off the bottoms of where the joists meet the beams, pieces of 2 x 1 around the opening above the height of the door and put a piece of plasterboard straight across, do away with all the shaping.

Back