Plasterboard: Q. about filling in the gaps between sheets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We've just had some plasterboard fitted in our loft, which I'm going give a couple of licks of paint (the sheets of board are facing correctly, so I can paint onto them). I am not going to have a skim applied to the sheets of plasterboard.

What's the best solution for filling in the gaps between the sheets of plasterboard, that can be painted over? I'd also like to fill in the screw holes, so that the finished surface is smooth.

Any product that you can recommend from the sheds (I'm sorry! :oops: )

Is it worth using jointing tape on the gaps between sheets?

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
I've done this a lot in my house simply because I can't plaster and I didn't want to pay someone else to do it!

You will need to tape the gaps (jointing tape) and then use jointing filler over the top of the tape. Both are available from B+Q or Wickes etc. Dont buy the ready mixed jointing filler because it is expensive.

If you have used Tappered edge plpaterboard then the tape and filler will sit in the grove between pieces of platerboard. If not then you will have a slight ridge where they meet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back