Plasterboard screw into walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm about to plasterboard half a bathroom this is the exterior wall and it is a cavity filled wall.
My question is after securing the plasterboard with adhesive can you then use screws for extra hold of the boards to the walls?
Any one have any idea on this

Sponsored Links
Just I've seen a few posts that imply putting screws in might bring moisture into the plasterboard does this only apply solid walls and not cavity.
Thanks

You can if you wish
Just I've seen a few posts that imply putting screws in might bring moisture into the plasterboard does this only apply solid walls and not cavity.
Thanks
No , does not apply to any wall type .

Sponsored Links
It is more prone to solid walls, depending on what the outside condition is like.

Walls are fine on tye outside and cavity filled. Ok thanks for that

My question is after securing the plasterboard with adhesive can you then use screws for extra hold of the boards to the walls?
That would be like welding two pieces of metal together then adding some sticky tape, just to be sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back