Plasterboarding onto upvc window frames

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I would be grateful for any advice members can offer. We have existing upvc windows in a house that is being replastered. All old plaster has bedn removed back to the brick and plasterboard is being put up which will be skimmed. Because the plasterboard will be proud of the window, the builder has plasterboarded over the upvc frame and created a small return around the window. I would like to know if that is an acceptable solution. I am concerned about condensation and also the difficulty in replacing the window without destroying the wall. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20190110_174419806.jpg
    IMG_20190110_174419806.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 443
Sponsored Links
Looks odd - maybe they are planning to take some off for the window sill?

Thanks for taking time to respond. My understanding is there will be no cutting. However I will check with my builder. Assuming I am right, it it okay that the plasterboard overlaps the upvc frame. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
To be clear, I am not bothered about the overlapping plasterboard at the bottom of the window. If you look at the top of the window you will see how the plaster board overlaps the frame. The frame has bern trimmed and the idea is that there will be plasterboard at a 90 degree angle all round the windiw overlapping the upvc frame. I would like to know if this is okay. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back