plasterboarding u/b.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what is the best way to plasterboard the underside of a u/b.? can i dot and dab it. Opening is 2.4 metres wide.

Sponsored Links
Apologies, I may be being completely thick and may kick myself several times when you tell me but if you let me know what a u/b is then I might be able to advise.

Regards

Fred

noseall said:
universal beam?

Ahhhh, as in a RSJ?

Metal? Wouldn't advise dot n dab then.

Cut some noggins to size so they're just a little bigger than the recess in the RSJ. Knock them into the recess on both sides at regular intervals - suggest 450mm. Now use these to screw battens into from ceiling to bottom of RSJ. On underside of RSJ screw battens into the bottom of the battens you've just screwed into the noggins on the RSJ so that they cross the underside of the RSJ (alternatively you could use the underside of these battens to fix the p/b to directly). You now have a timber frame to which you can mount your plasterboard.

Regards

Fred

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back