Plasterbord and insulation help !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im just looking for some advice. On the side of our house we have a small room ( 13x9ft )after years of doing noting with it we have got around to gutting it but are stuck on what to do with the walls as they are in terrible condition. after stripping off 4 layers of wallpaper we found plaster but its just coming off in chunks and behind that looks like concert.
I was thinking of installing insulated plasterboard but as this is something I've not done before I'm looking for some help and advice. ( wall prep, Dib dab or wooden batons )

Two thing that may or may not help

Our house is a very old welsh house (was once the village shop 80+ years ago ) and the amount of times I've heard a builder or tradesman say “ well I've never seen that before “ is well over double digits.

The room we are fixing up was build and used to hang meat for the shop so is very cold and whoever had the house before us turned it into an office on the cheap .

Thank you for any help and advice in advance.

oneoone AKA Rick
wall1.jpg
wall2.jpg
wall3.jpg

Sponsored Links
You say nothing about the walls, the floor or the roof? Photos would help?
Why not lift the floor, remove the rad, & hack back the gypsum skim and sand and cement backing coats to clean brickwork?
There seems to be a faint band outline of previous remedial work in S&C.
Post photos of what is revealed - esp any signs of damp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back