Plasterer left me 'BAL All-in-One Plus' to apply before paint but research says this is a no no

Joined
18 Aug 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Country
United Kingdom
My plasterer finished on Friday. He left a quarter of this bottle and told me that it was Primer, and that I should mix it with water and apply it to the wall before painting.
At the time I didn't think much of it, nor read the bottle, but a little research now says this is a no no.

He has about 25 years experience, v good at his job, but in terms of communication he's an absolute and complete nightmare. So I want to get a heads-start before I have to call him.

The contents of the bottle are white and quite runny, so I'm starting to wonder if he has already mixed it with water or something else.

Also, we had issues with damp on some, but not all, of the walls.

I sense my question is pretty ridiculous! But any ideas welcome.
BAL-All-in-one-Plus.png
 
Read the data sheet for bal product online or phone technical helpline.
Its an SBR sealer and not the correct product to seal plaster walls for emulsion.
You could have problems if you use it.
You should also read the data sheet for your emulsion paint online.

Data sheets are simple A4 document that will take you minutes to read.
Saves the headache!
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top