Plastering a Large Area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to plaster a large loft conversion and I was wondering what advice you could give me. I know from plastering a large ceiling area it has to be done in sections, so am I right in assumimg that this would be the same for the loft conversion?

cheers

Sponsored Links
My advice is that if you don't know the answer and the barn is worth loads of dosh - you are losing money by making a pigs ear of it. Get a pro in.

Have you any experience with plastering? Indeed you can break the job down into small sections but you always have the problem with blending in the joins. As has been explained on this forum many times you can indeed blend in the joins with a bit of effort and patience - but as a pro you would be able to cover most large areas in one go, due to the speed you work at. If your in doubt get some quotes :)

Hi,
Would absolutely agree with the two posts above.Get a pro in.Do it once.Do it right.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
I am a plumber and I would say the same, get a person that everybody uses locally, its worth the money! ;)

i walked into someones hallway to look at a stain on a ceiling, anyway the hall was covered in patches of plaster. i asked what the patches were. He proceeded to tell me that he was knocking up a bucket at a time and having a go!!! It looked a complete state!!!

Get a profesional in!

Gareth

He probably has by now Gareth, that was 13 months ago. It pays to check the dates,,, Ive made that mistake too :oops: so have others. ;)

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back