Plastering advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have moved a door further out in the wall, leaving a bit of a problem behind.
The photo below shows the reveal which is about nine inches wide. I want to finish it in plaster with a plain corner if possible.
Hopefully you can see the old plain cornered reveal followed by the gap where the door used to be and then the stone cladding. The stone cladding comes forward about half an inch further than the old plaster reveal bit.
Any suggestion as to how I can do a tidy job of plastering this reveal without having to replaster the whole wall.

DCP02134.JPG

Sponsored Links
You need to stop damp and condensation from those external bricks which you have now caused to be on the inside. You need a vDPC and an insulation lining.

You need to stop damp and condensation from those external bricks which you have now caused to be on the inside. You need a vDPC and an insulation lining.

Hi Woody
That's not a problem here because these doors go straight into the conservatory, so not exposed to weather.
Just need to tidy up the reveals after a year of mess:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back