plastering after a chemical DPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just had a chemical DPC on an internal wall (i know i have now read the posts :evil: )

but what do i do before replastering the now bare brick. how long before i plaster? and what type of plaster should i use?

Sponsored Links
In theory it's best to leave it as long as possible before you replaster to allow the wall to dry out more quickly. In practice, most people want the wall replastered ASAP.

Most people use a 3:1 sand;cement render incorporating a salt-resistant additive to replaster after a DPC. But that is largely to do with the fact that most people expect a 20-30 year guarantee. In my experience, renovating plasters from reputable manufacturers are fine, although I wouldn't expect them to hold the salts back as long as a 3:1 sand cement render.

Frederick said:
In theory it's best to leave it as long as possible before you replaster to allow the wall to dry out more quickly. In practice, most people want the wall replastered ASAP.

Most people use a 3:1 sand;cement render incorporating a salt-resistant additive to replaster after a DPC. But that is largely to do with the fact that most people expect a 20-30 year guarantee. In my experience, renovating plasters from reputable manufacturers are fine, although I wouldn't expect them to hold the salts back as long as a 3:1 sand cement render.

would that be just standard cement and browning plaster?

Sponsored Links
Just standard cement. Unfortunately, it gives a very hard, cold render - but it is still the best way of holding back the salts associated with rising damp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back