Plastering Large areas - Technique

i'm finding bouncing around this forum an invaluable source of help/comfort/knowledge so i can see the value of getting to know some other trade folk.

Already got a couple of sparkies in my mobile phone address book, plumber and builder next ;)

Thanks spongey

Sponsored Links
a drop of coca-cola into the skim gives u more time.a trick used in america.give it a go

Sponsored Links
joking aside, i've been told recently that a handful of board adhesive will slow down the set of finish, not sure i believe it though

not joking.adrop of coke mixed into the skim gives u more time.test it in a cuboard.

regardless whether coke works or not...... i lifted this from a bg site

The addition of Plaster Retarders drastically reduces strength, thereby
impairing the quality of the finish work. it may also produce a “dry-out” situation. (the failure of plaster to set before the water essential for chemical reaction evaporates).

jst something i heard.couldnt stand by it.mabye someone has tried it on this site.

is it ok to apply a coat of pva to a new plasterboard wall to slow the skim down from going off

is it ok to apply a coat of pva to a new plasterboard wall to slow the skim down from going off
Yes it will give you a little more time as will using Multifinish instead of Boardfinish but it’s not a magic wand for inexperience.

The thread you just hijacked is 18 months old; if you have questions you should post your own thread, you will get a much better response.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back