Plastering over pebble dash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I need to plaster over some pebble dash on an internal room. The house has previously had a porch built but the previous owners never bothered getting the pebble dash finish of the walls. Hence the walls are now on the inside and look awful. I thought about hacking the lot off but was wondering if it was possible to plaster over it. Start with a bonding coat to get it flat and then skim. Or am I totaly wrong? The house is 1930's and the pebble dash is a concrete colour which has to be removed or covered over!

Sponsored Links
Marlb,
You don't have to remove pebbledash.You can plaster directly onto it without any problem,providing it is sound and clean.There shouldn't be too much suction,and will have a good key,but PVA if you want.It will need a couple of coats of bonding or browning to float it out,say half inch minimum,using screeds to work from,then use multi-finish. You could even strap the wall and plasterboard it,or "dot n dab".Three good options. ;)

Roughcaster.

:) Many thanks roughcastor

Will probably bond it as there is only about 3 mtrs of wall. I like working with the stuff anyway!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I appen you can, u can also have a spray-on a lime based render put over it in one hit. But this tends to need pro help. there is - - - - - - - youtube. Finish with stone, brick or smooth finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back