plastering portfolio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is it worth doing a portfolio of all the plastering work i have been doing. i am still learning, i do plastering on the side at the minute until i build up my experience. i have taken before and after pics of all the work i have completed but dont know whether its worth doing one or not.

do customers ask to see your work or just rely on other peoples word? :confused:

Sponsored Links
is it worth doing a portfolio of all the plastering work i have been doing. i am still learning, i do plastering on the side at the minute until i build up my experience. i have taken before and after pics of all the work i have completed but dont know whether its worth doing one or not.

do customers ask to see your work or just rely on other peoples word? :confused:
most definitely yes take pictures to show what you have done to show people, also if you ever want to get a qualification like the nvq and you want to go down the osat route (onsite assessment) like me, you have to show evidence of work you have done going back a minimum of 3 years, i still take pics of my work to this day "not all of it but some" also if you ever want to set up a website for your business you will have samples of your work to put on there,most people get work by word of mouth but having a portfolio will do you no harm at all, if you have some pics of your work post them on here so people can see

Sponsored Links
Hi sheldon. Yes take lots of pictures of your work, and not only of the finished jobs. Take them from the start and you can always put them in an "album" on your profile. I have got photos of a lot of my jobs going back 30 years, it's good when I come across them as they bring back some great memories... :LOL: Also you have evidence of your work if there are any "come backs", and a good advertisement for your work.. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back