plastering problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just replaced a wooden access panel in my concrete ceiling with 0.5 inch plasterboard. I'm wondering whether I've screwed up becuase there are a couple of half inch gaps between the edge of the plasterboard and the concrete where the old plaster fell out.

Will the plasterer be able to skim these gaps or will I have to find some way of giving the plaster something to "take" to ?

Sponsored Links
get a bag of bonder m8 ( dot'n dab ) from local builders merchants...invaluable stuff..its like filla but sets like granite :) costs about 7 quid for20kg !
use a wall paper scraper to put it on..works a treat

But will I still be able to get a skim over that "dot 'n' dab" ? The idea is to get a nice, smooth finish for painting.

yes m8 thats what its for....get a nice smooth finish on it and skim it..ive just done it in my kitchen...good stuff

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back