Plastering Query (Plaster over grout?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am currently in the process of revamping one of the bathrooms in a house I have just purchased and have just removed all tiles. I am going to re-tile it, but before hand, I want to get it plastered. Will a plasterer be able to plaster over the grout that is still on the walls from the previous tiles or will he have expected me to remove as much as possible prior to him coming?

Thank you,
Ryan

Sponsored Links
You can either scrape it off and get the plasterer to just skim it, or the plasterer can scrape it off, or put a coat of bonding on first to level it up then skim it.
All depends on how much you want to DIY. If you want to save as much as poss on the plastering price, then scrape it off

You can either scrape it off and get the plasterer to just skim it, or the plasterer can scrape it off, or put a coat of bonding on first to level it up then skim it.
All depends on how much you want to DIY. If you want to save as much as poss on the plastering price, then scrape it off

Thank you! Guess I will do it myself, guess no real quick way of doing it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back