Plastic anchors, fasteners in concrete?

The hole in the masonry is one size - but the nylon plug is compressible to an extent, and wood screws can cut their own thread as they enter. TBH I"d avoid the smaller (#8) screws
Ok, so I also have these. They're #8-12, the anchors need a 5/16" drill bit and are 1-5/8" long, and the screw size is #10 x 2.5"
Would that be better? Maybe take the #10 screw from this set and the plugs from the #6-10 set?

Sponsored Links
Just wanted to come back in here and say thanks to all of you.
Firstly, I went and drilled a 1/4" hole, useda #6-10 anchor/fastener but used a #10 screw from the next set up instead of the #8 the #6-10s came with. Here's how it looks, complete with the same stripped hole reused just made a bit bigger, self evident in the photos.
DSC_3792.JPG
DSC_3793.JPG

I loved the imperial/metric comments. But I wanted to appreciate you all for helping non confrontationally a person who had a pretty basic request for help. But, as I think I said, I'm admittedly a bit of a noob. As I said in another thread, there used to be although it's not so bad now, a bit of an attitude 10 years ago about going into diy forums and asking what were perceived to be basic questions.

And it still permeates the field online a little. In fact I landed here because places I usually tend to go to for help that are North American sites (I'm in Canada) invariably lead me to people ridiculing my questions or being sarcastic which is useless for learning anything so I thought, being an anglophile, blighty-loving, Yorkshire Gold drinking, Midsomer Murder watching person, that Brits might be able to help me in a more friendly way and so far I've not been disappointed.
Ta.

Because I'm clearly not going to be able to use these screws anymore in that hole.

So, that's where I am.
Generally, unless it's some bizarre design with a significant projection away from a wall, the force exterted by the mirror on the fixing is vertically downwards so the fixing's requirement to resist pull-out is minimal

You could slide a smooth nail into that hole and hang the mirror on it; no one is going to be yanking the mirror away from the wall in normal use or even cleaning

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back