Plastic conservatory roof leak.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have included pictures to help describe the issue but as pictured you will see a small white pipe which omits water that has not been draining down the roof. I suspect small plants have penetrated the roof between the seams and allowed a nasty leak to occur into the house. Would sealant on the outside do the trick or is the problem perhaps more severe ?

Attachments

• IMG_0818.JPG
    IMG_0818.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0819.JPG
    IMG_0819.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 219
Sponsored Links
Are you sure the leak hasn't come from a leaky gutter above the roof on the main house? If you look at the way the water has travelled down the poly it looks quite a wide flow. Those overflow pipes usually dribble out water. The roof looks quite low pitch, I suggest a good scrub down maybe jet wash and then check the seals etc. The lead could do with being longer and running onto the poly more.

Are you sure the leak hasn't come from a leaky gutter above the roof on the main house? If you look at the way the water has travelled down the poly it looks quite a wide flow. Those overflow pipes usually dribble out water. The roof looks quite low pitch, I suggest a good scrub down maybe jet wash and then check the seals etc. The lead could do with being longer and running onto the poly more.
That is a good point I shall investigate the gutter above.. thank you .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back