Plastic elbow sink down pipe with central thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help I am trying to source a plastic elbow connector from a sink drain hole. I broke the last one by over tightening a central screw in the plug hole. I have discovered that there is a central threaded column in the outlet pipe which allows it to be pulled tight underneath the plug hole by use of a central screw on the topside. Having had a quick look on the internet I can't seem to find such a product. Does this coupling have a specific name I could search for, or perhaps someone could suggest where I might purchase this item. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Usually comes with the sink, but you can buy a kit like this and cannibalise it.

It depends whether your overflow is round or square, if it's round fit the whole kit, if not cross your fingers that the flexible pipe is the same size.

Manufacturers tend to do their own thing to some extent standardisation has a long way to go in plumbing! :confused:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/400110

Regards,
footprints

Five star sink waste and overflow.

PE01053R.jpg

Or one from the Mcalpine range without overflow.

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/waste-outlet-fittings/sink-wastes.html

Help I am trying to source a plastic elbow connector from a sink drain hole. thanks.
That`s the waste you`re talking about ? not the overflow ? .Have a look for Spazio waste kit or - waste kit in the Mc Alpine range :idea:

Sponsored Links
Hi again - the sink in question is a drainer sink (smaller one of a double sink unit). I enclose a picture for more clarity as requested.
The small hole (lower picture) is where the threaded column was before it got wrenched out by me over tightening the "pull screw". Thanks everyone for the help so far. P.S.The coupling pipe is 40mm.

Do you know the make of sink? Chances are it was a special waste kit that came with the sink

I think I'd be considering ditching that one, and fitting a conventional outlet, coupled to a McAlpine 1 1/2 bowl telescopic sink fitting.
I've found these to work every time, with a bit of fiddling.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back