Plastic flue pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A condensing boiler needs a vertical flue rising about 25 to 30 foot directly above the boiler in an existing chimney. The boiler is being fitted in the opened out chimney breast. The question is, does any one know of the boilers available that can use the high temperature PVC drain pipe as the flue pipe?
thx

Sponsored Links
You can use plastic flue pipe with an ATAG but it can't be drain pipe...

Thanks. I know many can use the high temp drain pipe. At 30 foot of flue it is cheap. 30 foot of concentric flue is horrendously expensive, as expensive as the combi boiler alone. I assume 30 foot of ATAG flue pipe is also very expensive.

Sponsored Links
Please list the many?

It is irrelevant whether it is cheap or not. You need to use an approved flue for the boiler and the installer (
rotfl.gif
) has to install the system correctly. That means following TB008.

Thanks. I read TB008. No probs. A COSSVM (Carbon Monoxide Safety Shut Off Void Monitor) will be fitted. The law has not changed. What has changed is guidance to gas service men in relation to them being able to examine the flue. There is no legal duty to have inspection hatches. Inspection hatches are currently only recommended. In this case there cannot be any. So a COSSVM is needed in the flue near where it meets the room, a CO Void Monitoring system. Any probs and the boiler shuts down.
http://www.theheatxchange.co.uk/sku_BAX7211367.html

In this case it is hoped, if this flue option is chosen, a 20 foot length of high temp plastic will be used with the joint at the top nearest the flue terminal.

https://engineers.gassaferegister.co.uk/doc/FluesInVoids/TB 008Ed 3 - Existing concealed room-sealed fanned-draught boiler chimney - flue systems - 1 April 2013.pdf

Illegal project? It will need a inspection certificate so must conform.

Last edited:
Back to the original question. Would someone give the combis that can use high-temp plastic drain pipe for the flue?
thx

Last edited:
Intergas make a chimney lining kit for this application. I believe Vokera do as well

Thanks muggles I looked.
http://www.intergasheating.co.uk/flip-flue-options/download/flue_options.pdf
It looks like the use 1 metre lengths of normal concentric flue pipes to make up the maximum of 10 meters. The maximum The need is 30 foot (10m). The 10 flue extension pipes needed would cost more to buy than the the Intergas boiler, although a nice boiler.

The 30Kw Intergas combi and flue extensions would come to around £1,300, and even more if a few 45 elbows are used. Vokera are £36 for each 1 metre length flue extension. Then the CO void space detector on top. So not cheap. Using mPVC pipe the pipe can bend slightly and much cheaper of course.

Last edited:
I'm talking about the proper kits that come as a continuous length specifically designed for use in chimneys, not the individual 1m lengths that definitely aren't designed for use in chimneys

I'm talking about the proper kits that come as a continuous length specifically designed for use in chimneys, not the individual 1m lengths that definitely aren't designed for use in chimneys
Thanks. I assume they are special order. I have not seen them advertised or on the web site.

How you gonna get the drain pipe to fit the boiler ? And are you using soil pipe for the air intake ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back