Plastic heating pipes in screed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My plumber has fitted a new heating system for me. we have chopped up the screed flooring as the old system was not sheathed and leaked... lime attacked copper.
New system is plastic pipework. He added the sheathing over all new pipework (Screwfix). However the couplings / Tee's etc are exposed. Do i need to protect these before i lay screed back in cut channels?

What is best method if i do need to? Also do i need to seal the sheath ends to prevent influx of screed / concrete or am i being over cautious.

Thanks
Keggo

Sponsored Links
i would never put and its not recommended to put fittings in screed floor.
they should be accessable.
if i had to i would use a duct.

So how should you run to each rad? Dont you need to tee off to the rad?

As its all in place now....... what should be the best way forward?

What you have done is OK. You should leave all tees and elbows, couplings etc accessible under removable covers. Don't let screed flow in - it should be laid almost dry anyway. If you squeeze a handful and it drips, it is too wet. It should just feel damp.

Sponsored Links
Gee thanks..... not sure but it seem's you are patronising someone asking for help????
I asked as i dont know... surely that what the forum is about?

Anyway - moving on. Suitable ducting? What should i be looking at?

Right.... he is Gas Safe registered. I checked on the web site. He also does work for British Gas as a sub contractor. Further he was getting calls all the time to do work whilst he was with us. Now if i have chosen a wrong un and i need to approach him to rectify... i would be better off knowing what exactly should be done wouldn't I? How would i know what he has done was wrong unless i asked? How do i know what he proposes in retifying the problem is right unless I do some research? Hence the query.
Not sure why my query has hacked you off? Or seems to have?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Anyway - moving on. Suitable ducting? What should i be looking at?

whos doing this job you or a plumber ?
sounds more like you. ;)

hasn't hacked me off, its not me bodging it for a customer.
phone keep ringing don't mean his good more likely he's cheap and cuts corners and has go backs.

He has installed the new heating system, Boiler / Rads / Pipework and advised all i need to do is replace the screed - which i am capable of doing. However i noticed the expansion in the pipework and was concerned. Hence the query. I have held off doing this as a result and held off on final payment... which to be honest is not a vast amount.

So thats my position - Now just want the advice on what should be done and what should be installed to make it all ok.

ducting is going to be a pain in the rear to install now with the pipework in and the channels more likely to narrow/shallow for the ducts.

floor_ducting.jpg

IMAG0334.jpg

Given all the pipework is in conduit.... do i / can I just need to install access points at the Tee's ?? Seems i picked a dud to do the work....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back