Plastic inserts

Sponsored Links
Is the microbore copper or plastic?

If the microbore is copper it won't require an insert. You may get away with reusing the old olive and nut to fit the new fitting otherwise the old olive will need removing first.

If the microbore is plastic it will require a standard plastic insert not the super seal inserts. If theres already an insert, which there should be it can be left in and reused. Again you may get away with reusing the old olive and nut. If not it will need removing first.

If plastic it should already have an insert otherwise you've been lucky it's not leaked over the years.

There's a few different pipe brands which do their own inserts the I'm not sure if they're all the same diameter or not.

If you can see a length of the pipe on show it should state the manufacturer.

The ones you have linked are for floplast pipe I'd guess though the pipes more likely JG in which case you want the below inserts.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/jg-speedfit-tsm10np-inserts-10mm-10-pack/22734

May be a gamble finding the right ones unless you can see pipe brand.

highly likely though an insert is already present and you may be able to reuse old olive and nut.

Sponsored Links
Nice one mate thanks a lot - there doesn’t appear to be anything printed on the pipe itself (it’s grey rather than white), may have rubbed off, but I can see on some of the push fit connectors on the water pipework are have JG logo, so suspect that’s the one.

Quite. Jut realised, having wanted to swap a single to a double radiator, the pipes are too close to the wall to meet the double rad valve. Done things backwards, the floor on was only done last year so can’t modify the pipe to move it out.

Any bright ideas or or am I stuck with a single? Need to go out about another 40mm.

So you've got 10mm plastic minibore coming out of the floor to the valves? Nice :rolleyes:

Do you have the room to put on an enlarger to 15mm and then go into the valves with 15mm copper to try and hide the minibore as much as poss!

Hah, yes, but have some pipe covers over them so don’t look too bad, but not copper I admit :)

Looks like pipe even too close to skirting to get an enlarger on.

What about something like the elbow below going into the rad pointing ‘back’ to the wall, with the valve/TRV going into this being adjacent to the radiator. Not sure if that would give me 40mm but might get close and wouldn’t look to bad I don’t think.

https://www.manomano.co.uk/catalogu...-bush-thread-adapter-3356149?model_id=3356149

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back