Plastic or Copper?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a 1930s three bed semi. I'm looking to install 5 new radiators in a new extension and kitchen. I currently have a Glow Worm Ultimate 80FF boiler with 6 rads on it. The output for this boiler is 21.98KW - 75000BTU/H (Mid) and 23.45KW - 80000BTU/H (Max). I am looking to install radiators with no more than 25000BTU in addition to the current radiators. I don't know the ratings of the old ones, but believe they are original are double and are an average of 1500mm long.

I have three questions i would appreciate any help with:-

1. Is my boiler "man-enough"?
2. can i use plastic pipes and fittings for the main runs and copper for the "tails" to the radiators, if so what size is recommended?
3. are there any rules or advice you can give me regarding the layout of the pipework?

any ideas/advice gratefully received.................

Sponsored Links
sure, best getting a central heating engineer in.

he will measure rads up an if it doesn't work you can blame him,after all everyone want someone to blame in this **** hole of a country :idea:

sure, best getting a central heating engineer in.

he will measure rads up an if it doesn't work you can blame him,after all everyone want someone to blame in this s**t hole of a country :idea:
and they even blame someone when their s**tter blocks :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back