Plastic Rainwater Gully joining in inspection chamber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had some work done with our patio this year to try and prevent flooding. This included laying a land drain in front of the patio in a lined trench. at the end of the patio this then goes beneath it and joins onto a new plastic gully at the foot of gutter downpipe. The installer removed the existing SG gully. The plastic one then has short run to inspection chamber. The installer has then laid the gully pipe against the half round SG pipe in the chamber. Unfortunately its not the same diameter and crucially it also sits slightly below the half round pipe, with the joint all encased in bitumen in attempt to stop leakage.

Oh and the gully also does not fall correctly to the inspection chamber - if anything its falling the wrong way so water sits in the gully and at the joint with the half round pipe.

My view is this is a complete bodge - installer thinks its fine. He's coming back to check- 9 Aug when he's back from hols!. My problem is this is adjacent to mine and neighbour's foundations. What I want done is his gully pipe ripped out plus the land drain and connections and a proper gully reinstated and laid into the half round pipe correctly in the inspection chamber. Can this be done now? Can't connect anything on with one of those rubber connectors as there is no SG pipe remaining, just what' in the inspection chamber (the half round pipe).

Really concerned he's caused me a problem. Not sure I can trust him to remedy this properly. What type of tradesman is needed for this. I've had a landscaper who also does drainage work look at it and he's prepared to resolve it. Also had a drainage company round who are prepared to dig up patio (for a fee!) and see what needs doing!

Would like to get sorted before the winter.......!

Grr - my second post today on bad workmanship! :mad:

Sponsored Links
It does not sound complicated so get a recommended builder in to do it.

"Landscaper" is just a name given to someone who charges loads of money for poorly laid slabs and building retaining walls out of (soon to rot) wood.

There are drainage systems in place (Aco) that deal with surface water and can be successfully connected to plastic drain systems without worrying about having to bodge leaky joints.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back