plate heat exchanger trouble removing screws

th.jpeg
:LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
if someones knows the size good for them but we don't tend to measure screws when replacing p/ex we usually just replace or mostly put the same ones back using the correct tool .

if someones knows the size good for them but we don't tend to measure screws when replacing p/ex we usually just replace or mostly put the same ones back using the correct tool .
Haha no one qualified enought to know where to find the technical specifications and part number I suppose?

Haha no one qualified enought to know where to find the technical specifications I suppose?
well your competent aren't you ???? if you are you should be able to find the info yourself and not on a diy forum . but your prepared to take advice from people who are not technical savvy so who's the fool Mmmmmmmmm i wonder

Sponsored Links
Haha no one qualified enought to know where to find the technical specifications I suppose?
well your competent aren't you ???? if you are you should be able to find the info yourself and not on a diy forum . but your prepared to take advice from people who are not technical savvy so who's the fool Mmmmmmmmm i wonder
You make me laught man. Taking your comment I supposed you dont think the forum is usefull for anything or? I can say the same about every single post so what? What answer do you want? I am totall incompetent and not qualified. I will not sleep tonight becouse of that mate. By the way could you please tell me where can i get enought formal qualification to to learn how to remove a screw!? 15 years handyman does it count? I know when the thread is over when people start to get hostile out of the blue becouse have nothing else to say. Thanks for all of you guys who have genuinely added something to the topic and try to help. Many thanks

Last edited:
You make me laught man. Taking your comment I supposed you dont think the forum is usefull for anything or? I can say the same about every single post so what? What answer do you want? I am totall incompetent and not qualified. I will not sleep tonight becouse of that mate. By the way could you please tell me where can i get enought formal qualification to to learn how to remove a screw!? 15 years handyman does it count?
:ROFLMAO: i like that one , because of that i ll help a bit .
you would be very lucky to get the same size screw again unless by chance someone having on van , someone by chance may know the size but very lucky again . your cheapest and best way is to use the screw extractor with a new / sharp drill to drill first ( being a handyman you should know that :LOL: ) when you manage to get that fooked screw out you should be able move the plate a bit to loosen other screw ( thats if you haven't wrecked both screws ) to loosen other screw and then measure that screw , but then your stuck with no boiler until new screws are found :LOL: . now your left with one option now what do you think that is ???????????:LOL: ( i bet that has got you thinking ):ROFLMAO:

You make me laught man. Taking your comment I supposed you dont think the forum is usefull for anything or? I can say the same about every single post so what? What answer do you want? I am totall incompetent and not qualified. I will not sleep tonight becouse of that mate. By the way could you please tell me where can i get enought formal qualification to to learn how to remove a screw!? 15 years handyman does it count?
:ROFLMAO: i like that one , because of that i ll help a bit .
you would be very lucky to get the same size screw again unless by chance someone having on van , someone by chance may know the size but very lucky again . your cheapest and best way is to use the screw extractor with a new / sharp drill to drill first ( being a handyman you should know that :LOL: ) when you manage to get that fooked screw out you should be able move the plate a bit to loosen other screw ( thats if you haven't wrecked both screws ) to loosen other screw and then measure that screw , but then your stuck with no boiler until new screws are found :LOL: . now your left with one option now what do you think that is ???????????:LOL: ( i bet that has got you thinking ):ROFLMAO:
You see! You can almost be a nice guy! What you think if I buy a new boiler becouse of this screw issue? I buy another one identical it just cost around £1000 I replace the entire boiler. I calculate that a pair of screws like this would cost £2 max. So i sell the old one at £800 -£2(screws)=£798. Is that what you mean? Is that not a brilhant idea? in this way I have running water in the house all time!

You see! You can almost be a nice guy! What you think if I buy a new boiler becouse of this screw issue? I buy another one identical it just cost around £1000 I replace the entire boiler. I calculate that a pair of screws like this would cost £2 max. So i sell the old one at £800 -£2(screws)=£798. Is that what you mean? Is that not a brilhant idea? in this way I have running water in the house all time!
who the hell said about a new boiler , that boiler of yours is a good boiler IMO if looked after , i have a few i look after and their still going strong because there serviced every year by a boiler engineer . i just like to get you thinking after the comment you said about no one being qualified enough:LOL: .
anyway what pablo above has suggested sounds about right TBH, why don't you get a selection around suggested size and hope for the best or the size of other screw . have you wreck the other screw as well ?? anyway once you extracted screw you will know the size ( if you don't drill it )

who the hell said about a new boiler , that boiler of yours is a good boiler IMO if looked after , i have a few i look after and their still going strong because there serviced every year by a boiler engineer . i just like to get you thinking after the comment you said about no one being qualified enough:LOL: .
anyway what pablo above has suggested sounds about right TBH, why don't you get a selection around suggested size and hope for the best or the size of other screw .
They are M4 or M5 machine screws, can't remember which. Roughly 25mm long I think.
Wow Pablo! Many thanks for that mate! Great!

No probs. I have ham fisted colleagues, its a job I've endured many times on various boilers.

Edit: to get the right length just measure from the front of the plate to the front of the manifold. That will be the screw length.

I think they are M5.

You really need stainless ones as the best replacement.

But dry the threads and put some silicone grease on the threads before replacing them.

Tony

If you can get a dremel to that head, you could cut a slot across it and use a large flat screwdriver to remove the bolt. It looks like something where an allen head cap screw would be more suitable as a replacement. Maybe tricky to find in brass though!

Maybe there's enough clearance around the head to get a small box spanner/nut spinner in there.

Drilling off the head will let the part slide forwards off the thread (provided it can move that way) . If the body etc was threaded to the screw it wouldn't be able to tighten the assembly together.

if you get really in trouble, you can drill it out with a left hand drill bit (expensive) which will most likely bring the screw out with it

Do you have a small socket set?
Looks like you 'may' be able to get a socket on the hexagonal outer!

I have one of these...

image.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back