Main combi 30 eco boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am trying to remove my plate heat exchanger, however the 2 philips screws that hold it in place have had their heads rounded off by a previous plumber. I have been told that it requires cleaning as the hot water goes hot and cold. does anyone know the size of tool that I would need to remove it, and where I can purchase one?
If anyone wants to see photos of the screws then I can send pics to you.
Regards,
Toeknee8 :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Dremel or other tool to flatten them so you can get a spanner on them.

Some manufacturers give no thought to easy access.

Sponsored Links
OP sent me an email but that disappeared when I tried to reply.

Rounded off heads all look pretty much the same!

All I can say is to repeat my advice that it will probably need the screws drilling out!

We dont know who rounded the screws off but certainly the last fellow the OP called last charged 27% more than I would have done!

The OP wants to save money so he will not be asking me so he will probably need to buy suitable equipment to get the old screws out and may even end up with no boiler for a few days.

Generally I would probably clean the HE in situ as I have what I need to do that and can do it with no risk in these situations and at the same price.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back