Please check this PD with me

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I have submitted drawings for a COL with regards to an outbuilding. I'm thinking of starting prior to receiving the COL. I can't see any reason why I should not be allowed to build this under PD but for peace of mind would appreciate if anybody here can spot if I have missed anything.

I have looked at the planning portal guidance but just want to make 100% sure I haven't made a school boy error prior to starting

1) It is a single storey, cavity wall, pitched roof outbuilding.

2) It is at least 2m from all my boundaries

3) Size is approx 3.3m x 6m. It covers less than 50% of the surface area of my land

4) Maximum eaves height will be 2.5m and maximum height of pitch 4m

5) It will have double glazed windows but no verandas or porches

6) It will have electricity supply and water supply

7) I will check again on Monday to confirm PD rights have not been removed from my area.

Thanks for looking

Sponsored Links
Good to go assuming its behind front wall of house and you're not in conservation are or similar oddity.

Sounds OK as long as you have PD rights. Sometimes they are withdrawn or as above there are different rules for certain areas (national parks, conservation areas, etc). From the spec it sounds like you might be planning a habitable space and that doesn't count as an out building and will need planning AIUI.

Thanks.

It is at the rear of my property. My area is to become a conservation area but this will take another few months.

Nick, why do you think it qualifies as a habitable space? There will be no toilets/sinks or hot water etc

Sponsored Links
Sounds ok, one other thing is the house cannot be a listed building.
And the new building cannot have a microwave antenna. (a TV aerial to must of us)

Thanks Lee.

No intentions of putting a TV aerial up, a small beer fridge and radio will do! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back