Please could someone tell give me a rough estimate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I would be very grateful if someone could give me a rough estimate for the following: (I am no electrician so please forgive any of the wrong terms I use)

House bonded
New fuse box fitted
Cooker socket
Installing a cooker hood
11 double plugs
6 uplighters and switch
Washing machine socket
outside light

I have had 2 electrician's around to give estimate's but would really like as wide a view as possible.

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
As others say - how long's a piece of string. Also, more detail is needed. Your house could be a tiny two up two down or a huge 10 bed mansion.

millets said:
Hi,
I would be very grateful if someone could give me a rough estimate for the following: (I am no electrician so please forgive any of the wrong terms I use)

House bonded Is this from scratch or just a bit of cross bonding? If from scratch and CU is other side of house from water and / or gas
New fuse box fitted How many MCB's are required?
Cooker socket Is there an existing cable in place or are you after a new radial?
Installing a cooker hood Again, is the wiring in place already?
11 double plugs Is this just replacement of existing face plates, an addition to existing ring mains or an entire new ring main?
6 uplighters and switch Is this replacement of existing lights or a new circuit?
Washing machine socket As in an addition to the 11 above? Located where? Same area as the others?
outside light Is there wiring in place for this already as in is it a replacement or a new instal from scratch?

I have had 2 electrician's around to give estimate's but would really like as wide a view as possible.

Thanks for any help

Probably best to get two other electricians round to quote then if you're after a wider view. Either that or I say I reckon it'll cost between £1000 and £10,000 - that wide enough? :LOL: Sorry - only joking.

Others are right though - there really is so many variables that it would be impossible for any pro on here to guage.

millets said:

Then either buy a widescreen TV or get another couple of sparks round.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back