Please help- cistern lid replacement needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I hope someone can help. A picture has fallen down from my wall, smashing my cistern lid to smithereens! Therefore, I need to replace the cistern lid from a B & Q Shell bathroom in white colour , its about 7 yr old. Does anyone know where I can get one orr if any other lid would be suitable?
I really appreciate your help as I have no idea where to look. Many thanks in anticipation.
Mandy

Sponsored Links
A picture may help your cause here.

Thankyou - I am currently surfing the internet trying to find a photo as nolonger have the cistern lid as smashed to smithereens!

Just get a pic of the cistern someone might know of a place that would sell just the lid. Is it a close coupling toilet?

Sponsored Links
i cant help with a supplier of the lid, but if you dont find one and dont want to change the whole set you could make a tiled lid as a shelf

do you have buildings insurance !!!

this is what its for unless excluded ;)

Certainly last year they were selling a shell design suite!

If you find a friendly and helpful person in a B&Q store I am sure they would look out for a cistern with a smashed bowl but a survived lid!

With a lot of stores across the country one would expect that they will have at least one helpful person somewhere across the country!

Perhaps there is someone who works at a B&Q who is reading this just now who could phone round and find one for you?

Tony

I have a spare lid available; it is 50cm wide and 19cm deep in the middle, curving a bit to 16cm at the ends. Measure your cistern. If it's the right size, I can send a photo.

Wow !

Possible immediate success!

Can you post the photo on here Axel ?

Tony

I think she is looking for the one patterned like a scallop shell!

Ihad a look at the B&Q's painfully slow web site and dont see it on there. It may be just an in store item. I find that very annoying that their web listing does not cover all their stock! Nor does it have a stock level indicator!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back